Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Comfort Level
I like to challenge myself and try new things - I'd say I'm pretty comfortable stepping out of my comfort zone.
Think about what I just said. Do you say that a lot? I know I do. What's wrong with that statement? I'll help you out. It's. Not. True. It can't be. Stepping out of one's comfort zone means stepping out of this zone of comfort aka zone of discomfort. Can you be comfortable in a zone of discomfort? I don't think so. What I think that statement means, there is a wider range than we'd like to admit for our comfort. As in, some things we are pretty confident about (100% - I know how to add!) and then there are some things we are less confident about (75% - I know how to diagram a sentence.), and then there are some things that we can do but kind of rather not do (5% - Let's go karaoking!)... and anything outside of that, well, that's discomfort.
Hrm, that doesn't sound right. Maybe it's 75% comfort and 25% discomfort. And 5% comfort and 95% comfort.
How often do/should we step outside our comfort zone? And do we truly step outside of it?
-------------------------
... And what has happened to me tonight was that I stepped outside of mine. I guess I was wondering why I was so uncomfortable?
:sigh:
This post isn't starting out the way I intended it to be. The message is all ... messed up. And I've lost my train of thought. I was uncomfortable and thus I wanted to examine why/comfort level, but this is making it sound like it was intentional to step out, and it wasn't. I think it was lack of control.
Okay - writing to be attempted another time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
lol I had a message written, but then I looked back on my message, looked back on your message, and this same thing happened to me, where this post isn't starting out the way I intended it to be. The message is all ... messed up. And I've lost my train of thought.
ReplyDelete